Ravindra Jadeja has been named as the replacement for Axar Patel for the first three ODIs against Australia, starting in Chennai on Sunday (September 17).
Axar is suffered a left ankle sprain during a football session on Friday. The 23-year-old played a useful part in India’s successful tour of Sri Lanka recently, picking up six wickets at an economy rate of 3.85.
However his injury now throws a spanner in the selection policy of rest and rotation in ODIs, with Jadeja coming back into the squad. He had been rested for the previous series against Sri Lanka as well.
- Kohli can break Tendulkar’s records, says Sehwag
- India vs Australia: Ajinkya Rahane can come and take up the role of an opener, says Rohit Sharma
- India Vs Australia 5 ODIs – Dates, Venue
- India vs Australia: Rohit Sharma feels cricketers must make most of short shelf life
- Virat Kohli won’t care what’s written about him in Australian media: Michael Clarke
- Pakistan seal the series as successful World XI all matches end