IPL2018 : Chasing 126 for a win after the Sunrisers’ bowlers had produced a disciplined display to restrict the Royals to a paltry total, Dhawan was dropped in the first over by captain Ajinkya Rahane and that blunder cost the visiting side dear in the end. Dhawan (77 not out off 57 balls) later grew into confidence and in the company of his captain Kane Williamson (36 not out off 35 balls), he tore apart the Royals bowling attack as the Sunrisers overhauled the target with 4.1 overs to spare.
The absence of the disgraced Australian batsman David Warner at the top of the order was not felt as Dhawan and Williamson stitched 121 runs for the unbroken second wicket from 14.2 overs.
- Toss: Sunrisers Hyderabad, who chose to field
- Man of the Match: Shikhar Dhawan
- Venue: Rajiv Gandhi Intl. Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad
- Umpires: Nigel Llong, Vineet Kulkarni, O Nandan, Rohan Pandit
- Referee: Sunil Chaturvedi
- Rajasthan Royals innings
- Powerplay: 48 runs, 1 wicket
- Rajasthan Royals: 50 runs in 6.2 overs
- Rajasthan Royals: 100 runs in 15.1 overs
- Innings Break: Rajasthan Royals – 125/9 in 20 overs
- Sunrisers Hyderabad innings
- Powerplay: 57 runs, 1 wicket
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 50 runs in 5.3 overs
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (Shikhar Dhawan 32, Kane Williamson 17)
- Shikhar Dhawan: 50 off 33 balls (9 x fours, 1 x six)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 100 runs in 11.6 overs
- 2nd Wicket: 100 runs in 66 balls (Shikhar Dhawan 68, Kane Williamson 30)
Dhawan was the more aggressor of the duo as he hit 13 fours and a six to carry his bat through the innings while Williamson had three fours and a six as the Sunrisers reached to 127 for 1 in 15.5 overs.
Earlier, the Sunrisers produced a disciplined bowling display to restrict the Royals to a paltry 125 for 9.