The BCCI, on Tuesday (August 29), were instructed by the Committee of Administrators (CoA), to reinstate the Duleep Trophy in the domestic calendar after it was removed earlier in the month without the knowledge of Sourav Ganguly, the technical committee chairman. In contrary to what the technical committee, headed by Ganguly, had decided in their meeting last month to continue with the pink-ball experiment, the decision to scrap the tournament was taken by a top BCCI official unilaterally, as it was missing in the released schedule for domestic fixtures this season.
“The Duleep Trophy has been restored,” said Diana Edulji, one of the CoA members. “It will be held and logistics will be worked out. We have told BCCI not to scrap it. It should be there. It is a very prestigious tournament and it should be held. It will be held this season.”
In order to seek clarity over the scrapped first-class event, Ganguly wrote a letter to BCCI General Manager MV Sridhar.
“I am reading in the media that Duleep Trophy has not or may not take place this season. I don’t know that’s true or not but if you remember, the members of the technical committee had agreed to use pink balls again for the Duleep matches and the tournament was supposed to be held in the same format as last year,” wrote Ganguly to Sridhar in an email accessed by the PTI.
- वीरेंद्र सहवाग ने हार्दिक पंड्या को बताया ‘लंबी रेस का घोड़ा’, इस अंदाज में की उनकी तारीफ
- INDvsSL: सीरीज में एमएस धोनी के ‘धमाल’ के बाद फैंस ने चीफ सिलेक्टर MSK प्रसाद का यूं उड़ाया मजाक
- Sri Lanka selectors to step down after India series